Medical / Emergency Needs
Resources for your pet in times of need
We love our dogs dearly and want to provide the best life and highest quality care possible for them. Sometimes life knocks us down with job loss, medical bills, divorce, or other rocky circumstances. Regardless of what your situation may be, thank you for reaching out for help and support. Whether you need help providing pet food or are in need of medical treatment for your dog, you’ll be able to find helpful resources on this page. A great starting point is to visit the Humane Society of United States. They have a list of pet financial aid-related organizations at the national and state level for pet owners in need.
Food Banks: Pet food pantries and food banks provide pet food for guardians who have fallen on hard times and cannot afford it on their own. If you’re struggling with this, it is always a good first step to contact your local humane society to see if they have a pet food program or pantry.
- Please visit Generation Wags for a comprehensive list by state of pet food pantries.
- Milwaukee, Wis: The Wisconsin Humane Society offers pet food for families in need.
It is devastating to have a dog that needs medication attention and not have access to funds to make them better again. Options for providing medical care for your dog include opening a CareCredit Card, fundraising online, and receiving grants. Please look carefully though these resources and choose the option that works best for your situation.
- Scratchpay allows you to create a payment plan for vet care. Scratchpay isn’t a credit card. Checking your plan options will not affect your credit score and they have a high approval rating.
- CareCredit is a healthcare credit card designed for your health and wellness needs for you, your entire family and your pets. Reach out to friends and family and fundraise through Facebook or GoFundMe.
- Waggle – crowdfunding platform that partners directly with leading veterinary providers, nonprofits and pet guardians to reduce economic euthanasia in pets, thereby giving options to pet guardians and second chances to the pets they love.
- RedRover Relief Grants – provides grants to help pet guardians struggling with economic hardship get immediate, lifesaving veterinary care.
- Live Like Roo – provides support and financial assistance to families whose pet faces a cancer diagnosis.
- Magic Bullet Fund – provides financial assistance for canine cancer treatment only when the family is unable to pay for treatment.
- Paws 4 A Cure – Provides financial assistance throughout the United States to those who cannot afford veterinary care for their beloved furry family members.
- The Pet Fund – Pet Fund works ONLY on non-basic, non-urgent care such as cancer treatment, heart disease, etc.
- Bow Wow Buddies Foundation – cover necessary medical treatments for certain serious conditions and emergency services.
- Frankie’s Friends – provides financial assistance grants to family owned pets in need of lifesaving emergency or specialty veterinary care whose caregivers cannot afford the full cost of treatment.
- The Onyx & Breezy Foundation – Provides assistance to pets of individuals where medical hardship is present
Milwaukee, Wis and surrounding areas
- Wisconsin Community Center – provides medical grants based on client’s financial need and the patient’s individual situation.
- Friends of Noah Animal Fund – provides funds to allow families to receive the medical help they need for their pet.
- St. Paul Vet Clinic is a fully walk in, affordable vet clinic located in Milwaukee, Wis.
- MADACC and Wisconsin Humane Society – low cost spay, neuter and vaccinations